No Matter What
“Character – the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life – is the source from which self respect springs.”
No Matter What
By David Cottrell
- My problems are not unique to me, so there is no reason to be embarrassed or to dwell on where I am.
- Long-term success is not the result of one defining change,. It comes from developing the habit of embracing several small, simple truths of success.
- I begin growing when I accept the truth about my situation.
- No Matter What means that regardless of what is going on around me, I will accept responsibility and take control. There is always something that can be done and something that I can do.
- I have power over where I focus…that is a choice I make.
- I am in the driver’s seat when it comes to my career and my life (Cottrell, p. 25).
From: Cottrell, D. (2013). Tuesday Morning Coaching. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Reprinted with permission from the OSU Leadership Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, (614) 292-3114, http://leadershipcenter.osu.edu/
Coaching Call to Action
I have been through many different business cycles in the dozen years that I have been producing the Tip of the Week, always keeping the notion of No Matter What close to my heart. With persistence and continual steps forward, my business will thrive. How about you? What phrase, action, process do you use to keep you moving forward? Please share your strategies here.