Launching a Successful Coaching Business
A six-month mentor coaching program
Business Coaching is a unique and truly rewarding form of business ownership. Andrea mentors new coaches who are motivated “doers,” who have a sense of humor, who enjoy life, and who are committed to being successful coaches. Andrea is an intent listener, and will keep you moving forward and focused on your goals. She concentrates on marketing, promotional materials, personal foundation, coaching skills, and your personal vision.
The Assessment: What Coaching Evaluates
- Creating a vision for your business
- Designing a business plan to match your vision
- Outlining priorities and desired results
- Defining short and long term goals for business launch
The Plan: What Coaching Does
- Creates strategies for executing plans and achieving goals
- Keeps a steady eye on the big picture to keep plans on track
- Designs roadmaps to success combining professional and personal priorities
- Fine tunes effective marketing plans
- Puts continuous performance assessments into place
The Benefits: What Coaching Provides
- Internal and external goal setting for your business
- Motivational strategies for achieving your goals
- An objective, confidant and trusted advisor with real-world experience: I have been a coach since 1997, a mentor coach since 2000, and am a Master Certified Coach. I have coached numerous coaches in creating and building their businesses.
- Collaborative brainstorming toward ideas and expanded awareness
- Zeroing in on potential self-generated roadblocks to success
- Identification and sharing of networking resources
The Topics: What Coaching Can Address
- Transitioning to business ownership, including impact on family and finances
- Defining your business owner persona: “who” will you be?
- Focusing on your business while working in your business
- Effective time management: avoiding counterproductive habits, focusing on right tasks
- Client generation: how will you get clients?
- Defining effective marketing strategies
- “Elevator speech”: how to grasp opportunities for self promotion
- Generating networking resources: maximizing your sphere of influence
- Work-life balance and creating a supportive environment
- Coach training decisions: what programs would benefit you?
- Readiness to take on clients: when are enough elements in place?
- Certification process and documentation: staying on top of your professional status
Read What Other Coaches Have to Say:
“Andrea challenged me to push past my comfort level. She helped me realize the major obstacles that got in the way of my success. She helped me get out of my own way.”
“Andrea offered ways for me to shift to being proactive in building a client base. This was my first experience of being coached. I liked the fieldwork Andrea and I chose for me to do. One of the most important understandings I came away with was how it is important to ‘finish business’ with a potential coaching client so that the guesswork is erased. Andrea offered a way for me to create clarity with prospective customers of my coaching services when finishing a complimentary session.”
“When I started at CoachU, I hired Andrea Novakowski as my Jump Start coach. I interviewed 4 other people before hiring Andrea. Andrea was my coach throughout the entire time I was enrolled and after I graduated. As a direct result of her coaching I successfully transitioned from the US Navy into an entrepreneur with a very successful coaching business.”
“Andrea is an exceptional mentor coach. She is extremely supportive as a coach yet still kept me focused on my goals. She held my vision when I became bogged down in details and that enabled me to refocus and ultimately achieve my goals. I cannot even begin to tell you all the goals I achieved by working with her. One of the major insights for me was that I needed time for working on my business as well as working in my business. The biggest shift for me however was that I work better and more productively when I pay attention to my personal foundation and self care. Through working with Andrea I am light years from when I began over 3 years ago. She is an exceptional coach and mentor. Andrea has my strongest personal recommendation as a mentor coach.”
“One of Andrea’s amazing talents is her ability to be extremely strong and hold her clients accountable in such a gentle manner. She didn’t let me get away with anything I was doing or telling myself that wasn’t congruent with my authenticity or what I said I wanted. During our time of coaching I was experiencing many changes which resulted in overwhelm and she encouraged me to treat myself gently. At the same time when I was in my own way she gave me a push to move forward. As a result I shifted from being a very busy, overwhelmed, human doing to a more peaceful, self-loving state of being and authenticity. I am certain that this shift made me more attractive to opportunities to develop my coaching business in a way that fits perfectly with who I am.”
“I will always remember Andrea telling me she wanted for me to really “play” in the coaching arena in a big way. I still am not sure how she knew …that was exactly wanted I wanted to do! She saw in me the desire to do whatever I do in a BIG way. Now just over a year later I am Vice President for a growing collaborative of coaches focused on building a business. This role is the perfect context for the focus of my coaching (Entrepreneurs, Business Development, Attraction and Balance.) My work with Andrea really helped me lay the foundation for the growing business I have today.”