QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"It pays to plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."
THE TOP 10 TRUTHS ABOUT CAREER TRANSITIONS
1. It's easiest to transition when you work from a vision. When you can see clearly what you want to have, you can make sound choices when opportunities are presented. Write down your vision, so you can refer to it regularly.
2. Your vision exists, the tricky part is letting yourself see it and believe you can have it. Lots of emotions can get in the way. If you know something is holding you back, take care of it quickly.
3. You can have things exactly the way you want them to be. Look what you've already created for yourself . . .
4. It's easier to figure it out with help. Isolation is the real dreamkiller, says Barbara Sher, popular author of many career development books including: "I Could Do Anything, If I Only Knew What it Was."
5. Help is everywhere. Books, classes, friends, coaches, tapes, workshops, consultants, assessments, co-workers . . .
6. How much time it will take depends on your clarity. Do you know your gifts, interests, preferences, values, needs and wants? These are all critical pieces of the career puzzle.
7. You can transition as gradually as you want. You've created a life for yourself . . . no need to make huge sacrifices to get what you want, just be willing to do whatever works for you.
8. It's easier if you have a healthy financial foundation. Not having to worry about money makes it easier to seriously consider your options.
9. It costs a lot more, long-term, to stay in a bad job than to take a pay cut for a great job. This goes for money as well as physical health, emotional stability, and relationships.
10. Fear comes from not taking action. Take a step in the right direction -- feel a difference?
By Jennifer Anderson, who can be visited on the web at http://www.jenniferanderson.com.
Copyright 2001 CoachVille, all rights reserved.
COACHING CALL TO ACTION FOR
TRUTHS ABOUT CAREER TRANSITIONS
The clearer the vision, the easier to get there.
Journal, collage, write, dream . . . do what it takes this week so your vision is very clear to you and you can share it with others.
© 2000 Andrea Novakowski. All Rights Reserved | designed by The Complete Website